- Brute Force and BadUSB Attack Protection with XTS-AES Encryption
- Multi-Password Option with Complex/Passphrase Modes
- Automatic Personal Cloud Backup
Kingston Digital Europe Co LLP, a flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., a world leader in memory products and technology solutions, has announced the release of IronKey™ Locker+ 50 (LP50) USB Flash drive that provides consumer-grade security with AES hardware-encryption in XTS mode to safeguard against BadUSB with digitally-signed firmware and Brute Force password attacks.
Kingston IronKey Locker+ 50 offers multi-password, Admin and User, option with Complex or Passphrase modes. Complex mode allows for passwords from 6-16 characters using 3 out of 4 character sets, while new passphrase mode allows for a numeric PIN, sentence, or even a list of words from 10 to 64 characters long; along with support for international characters. To reduce failed login attempts during password entry, the “eye” symbol can be enabled to reveal what has been typed. But should a User password be forgotten; the Admin password can be used to access the data on the drive or reset the User password.
LP50 is designed for convenience with its small metal casing and built-in key loop, along with the optional feature of USBtoCloud (by ClevX®), users can take and access their data anywhere. LP50 is easy for anyone to setup whether you use Google Drive™, OneDrive (Microsoft®), Amazon Cloud Drive, Dropbox™ or Box for your personal cloud storage. Plus, all the software and security needed is already on the drive so no application installation required, and it works on both Windows® and macOS® so users can work from multiple systems.
“We are excited to offer another great option for those looking to store their sensitive personal or business data with our IronKey Locker+ 50,” said Oscar Escayola Kaloudis, EMEA Flash Business Manager, Kingston. “LP50 has our most requested feature, dual passwords, along with a new Passphrase mode that will allow users to pick a password that is easier to remember.”
Kingston IronKey Locker+ 50 is available in capacities from 16GB – 128GB and is backed by a limited five-year warranty, free technical support and legendary Kingston reliability.
|Kingston IronKey Locker+ 50|
|IKLP50/16GB||16GB IronKey LP50|
|IKLP50/32GB||32GB IronKey LP50|
|IKLP50/64GB||64GB IronKey LP50|
|IKLP50/128GB||128GB IronKey LP50|
Kingston IronKey Locker+ 50 Features and Specifications:
- Hardware-encrypted USB Drive with XTS-AES Encryption: Safeguard important data with built-in protection against BadUSB & Brute Force attacks.
- Multi-Password (Admin and User) Option with Complex/Passphrase Modes: Admin can reset a User password to restore User’s access to data.
- New Passphrase Mode: Select between Complex or Passphrase password mode. Passphrases can be a numeric PIN, sentence with space characters, list of words, or even lyrics – from 10 to 64 characters long.
- Automatic Personal Cloud Backup: Access data stored on IronKey Locker+ 50 from your personal cloud storage.
- Additional Security Features: Reduce failed login attempts and frustration by enabling “eye” button to view the typed password. Use virtual keyboard to shield password entry from keyloggers and screenloggers.
- Interface: USB 3.2 Gen 1
- Capacities1: 16GB, 32GB, 64GB, 128GB
- Connector: Type-A
USB 3.2 Gen 1
16GB – 128GB: 145MB/s read, 115MB/s write
16GB – 128GB: 30MB/s read, 20MB/s write
- Cloud Services Supported: Google Drive™, OneDrive (Microsoft), Amazon S3, Dropbox™, Box
- Dimensions: 56mm x 18.60 mm x 9.60 mm
- Operating Temperature: 0°C to 60°C
- Storage Temperature: –20°C to 85°C
- Compatibility: USB 3.0/USB 3.1/USB 3.2 Gen 1
- Minimum System Requirements: Two (2) free consecutive drive letters required for use3
- Warranty/Support: Limited 5-year warranty, free technical support. A 5-year license
(upon activation) to USBtoCloud is included with every IKLP50 drive. Upon expiration of software license, USBtoCloud offers licensing options directly from ClevX®.
Compatible with: Windows® 11, 10, 8.1, macOS® (v. 10.14.x – 12.x.x)