Applications are now opened for early-stage Nigerian based cleantech startups and innovators to apply for support from the Global Cleantech Innovation Programme (GCIP).
To envourage particpation, a number of hubs in Nigeria including the Co-creation Hub is working with the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) and the Global Environment Facility (GEF) on the Global Cleantech Innovation Programme (GCIP) aimed at fostering cleantech innovation and entrepreneurship ecosystems in emerging markets and developing economies.
The Global Cleantech Innovation Programme (GCIP) is a United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO)-led programme, funded by the Global Environment Facility (GEF), promoting cleantech innovation and entrepreneurship to address the most pressing climate and environmental challenges.
Benefits of GCIP to your company:
- Access to high-impact capacity building sessions delivered by innovative business and cleantech leaders.
- Linkage with mentors and industry experts for targeted advisory support along the journey.
- Access to capital through relationship with strategic investors, VC firms, and other financing institutions.
- Opportunity to actively contribute to the national and global cleantech innovation ecosystem.
- Amplify your impact through National and Global events and showcases.
- Opportunity to scale your innovative cleantech solution in Nigeria and beyond through strategic linkages.
- Connections with large scale cleantech companies across the globe for possible collaborations.
Which categories of startups can apply?
- An already developed innovative technology-based product (prototype or an existing solution in the market)
- A solution that falls under any of the following cleantech categories with particular attention to solutions that improve energy access in underserved regions:
- Energy access
- Energy Efficiency
- Renewable Energy
- Waste Beneficiation
- Green Buildings
- Advanced Materials and Chemical
- A well-rounded and committed team with complementary skills.
The application is open to all Nigerian based cleantech startups and innovators. Learn more about the Global Cleantech Innovation Programme and apply below (Under “country”, select Nigeria)
Application Deadline: July 21st, 2022